Rain Don’t Come
After a year in the works, Rain Don’t Come is available worldwide on all digital retailers. The song was released on April 8th. It’s completely different than anything Heffron Drive has released before yet is still the same relatable HD music fans have grown to love. The catchy melody has you whistling along with a flute. The lyrics speak to anyone who has ever been in a situation where they keep trying and never give up (or the 5 year drought in California if you want to interpret it that way.) Within less than 12 hours of the song’s release, it was a worldwide trending topic on Twitter thanks to the many fan clubs who helped out with a special project. Within two weeks of the song’s release, it has multiple plays on Mix 94.9 in St. Cloud, Minnesota and Mix 107.9 in Columbus, Ohio.
If you’re wondering how the fans took to the song, let’s just say there has been a lot of rainy weather reports….
Rain Don’t Come Music Video
Just one week after the release of their new single “Rain Don’t Come,” Heffron Drive released the highly anticipated music video for the song.
Shot back in February in the Mojave Desert, Rain Don’t Come takes us on the journey of a man lost in the wilderness with no water or hope in sight. He wanders through the desert, and eventually succumbs to the heat. Luckily, he is found by a girl on a horse who takes him back to her camp where she teaches him to rain dance.
The video was directed by Kevin Schmidt, who said, “Rain Don’t Come is inspired by the metaphorical drought we can feel when striving towards our dreams. Never give up.”
Fans have loved the artistic expression and message in the video, but also agree that it’s just plain awesome. The Internet echoes this agreement, as the video has recently reached 100K views on Youtube.
And this isn’t the only video for the song! Behind-the-scenes videos and a lyric video should be dropping soon. Make sure you are subscribed to Heffron Drive’s Youtube, so you don’t miss anything!
Are you one of the few who still haven’t seen it? You can watch it here. Let us know what you think in the comments!
iHeartRadio Music Awards
Heffron Drive attended the 2016 iHeartRadio Music Awards at The Forum (Inglewood, California) on April 3rd. While the boys weren’t nominated for any awards this year, they used the red carpet to their advantage to promote their new song Rain Don’t Come. While talking with the press, Kendall gave fans a glimpse into life on the red carpet, taking his 35mm camera along for the ride. (You can check out his photography skills by searching #K35mm.) In addition to promoting Rain Don’t Come, Kendall and Dustin hung out with their good friends from WALK THE MOON. Could we see a collaboration between WALK THE MOON and Heffron Drive in the future? Lots of fans seem to think so.
New Merch Coming Soon!
Drivers! Are you signed up for Heffron Drive’s newsletter? If not, you missed out on the preview of the new merch items! Why aren’t you signed up? It is simply entering your name, phone number, and email address! It is perfectly safe and secure; none of your personal information will be leaked. You will receive lots of upcoming news about Heffron Drive! You should sign up to be notified when this new merch is launched. Trust me you don’t want to be the last person getting all the details. You will regret it if you do not sign up soon!
Here are pictures that were sent in the newsletter. They are now announcing notebook + pen sets! Of course we all know about the poster, but it looks like they added more signed copies! To make it clear we do not know when these will be released, this is why it is best to sign yourself up for the newsletter. I mean who wouldn’t want this amazing merch! Many Drivers seem to love the preview of the new merch as well.
If other Drivers love it, than you will as well! It is not just about the merch, this newsletter has important news about Heffron Drive. Again, you don’t want to be the last one receiving the news. Join the newsletter!
Another important thing Drivers! People who are signed up will have access to buy the new merch 24 hours in advance of others. You better hurry and sign up, for nobody knows when everything will be released. It would be upsetting to find out something you wanted was sold out already. Being subscribed to the newsletter has advantages. So let’s stay up to date with Heffron Drive by signing up for the newsletter! Who knows what things the boys have in store for us Drivers.
On April 20th, Heffron Drive performed “Rain Don’t Come” live for the first time in front of an American audience as part of the online event Tube-A-Thon. The American Red Cross teamed up with iHeartRadio and What’s Trending to present the streaming telethon-style concert to help raise money for families affected by house fires and other disasters. This served as a kick off for Red Cross Giving Day.
“Rain Don’t Come” was energetic and fun. It had the whole crowd dancing. We are extremely proud of Kendall and Dustin for their amazing performance, and for their participation in this charity. We are looking forward to seeing the song live and in person sometime this summer.
If you missed the show you can watch it here.
Even though Giving Day is over, you can still make a donation at http://www.redcross.org/
Teamer Tips from TOLBooth OST
- With the release of Rain Don’t Come we’re going to talk about an important yet commonly overlooked method of promotion. Reviews. Reviews are so important when songs/albums are released. It takes less than 5 minutes to leave a review on iTunes, Amazon, Google, etc but it really does make a difference. If someone is on the fence about becoming a fan, a review can make or break an opinion. So, with that being said…once Rain Don’t Come is released for you, head over to your favorite digital retailer and leave a 5 star rating and a positive review!
- Hashtags are almost a necessity when it comes to promoting. Make sure you’re tagging your tweets, Instagram posts, Facebook posts, Tumblr Posts, etc. This makes it easier for people to find out about Heffron Drive. Some generally popular and commonly searched tags are “Music, Bands, Artists, Songs, Tour, etc”
- Everyone is entitled to an opinion but remember how powerful the internet can be. If you’re promoting an artist/song/record/etc make sure you’re only putting positive words out there. Often music blogs will search fandoms to see what the fans think about a song or artist and if the fans don’t like it, they won’t write about it. There’s that other golden rule, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all. Words are powerful. The internet is powerful.
- Rain Don’t Come is getting radio play which is very very exciting! We want even more radio stations to play the song and we need your help! Each radio station is different and you have to know how to effectively request. Some stations prefer tweet requests while others want you to call in and request, some have website request links and some only take requests during specific hours. Do some research on your local radio stations and plan out your radio requesting accordingly!
Upcoming Promo Projects
- Fan Clubs and leaders have been working together and tweeting various news sites and radio stations about Rain Don’t Come. Help spread the word by retweeting!
- HD Brazil has a mission for #BuyRainDontCome. Details here.
- HD Argentina has several projects to promote Rain Don’t Come currently going. Check it all out on their website here.
- COMING SOON – HD Puebla will be announcing a project to promote Rain Don’t Come on radio stations in Puebla.
TOLBooth Street Team Fan Club of the Month
> -What is your name? – Jenna and Domenique
> -Where are you from? –
Jenna – Philadelphia PA
Domenique – Delaware County PA
> -Favorite Heffron Drive Song? –
Jenna: Its a tie between time wasting and passing time.
Domenique: has got to be Art Of Moving On
> Favorite Heffron Drive Moment –
Jenna: Favorite Heffron Drive moment is just being able to see them perform on stage, the passion they have for music really shines through them
Domenique: Definitely seeing their interaction with fans new and old and some different then others and their infectious love for music
> -Favorite ways to promote? –
Jenna: Favorite ways to promote would be just going out and telling people about them, handing out promo cards, hanging up signs, gifting Heffron Drive’s music to friends who have never heard them before, and doing meet ups!
Domenique: going to other concerts and letting those people know about Heffron drive, if your going to school functions or club meetings bring some promo cards to hand out to big music fanatics who never heard their music before, and having big meet ups with your local HD fan clubs and handing out flyers!
> – Advice you’d give to other fan clubs? –
Jenna:Advice i would give to other fan clubs would be to just keep up the fantastic job they are doing! Take advantage of different apps you can use to set up tweets/posts ahead of time!
Domenique: I’m going to agree with Jenna definitely find different apps to use for tweets to post ahead of time and to use for when you do meet ups or fan club events you plan, and just go out there and have fun with #Driver friends around your city!
Thanks to: Ashley, Cristina, Kellie, Marilyn, and Melly